I grew up not being a fan of chicken pot pie because it always had peas in it...well I decided to make my own version from scratch. I will never buy another frozen chicken pot pie again. This is a quick and easy meal that your whole family will enjoy!
Makes 8 Servings
1 lb - Boneless skinless chicken breasts
1 box - Stuffing (chicken flavor)
1 bag- Mixed frozen vegetables
1 pkg - Pillsbury pie crust
1 can - Cream of chicken
1 Tbsp - Extra virgin olive oil
2 Tbsp - Flour
Salt and pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
1. Cut chicken up and cook in pan w/ olive oil. Season chicken w/ Paula Deans seasoning (Johnny's seasonings work too).
2. Cook veggies in ½ cup of water then drain.
3. Once veggies are done add cream of chicken, heavy cream, flour, and mix on low heat.
4. Add chicken to veggie mixture.
5. Cook stuffing to the boxes directions.
6. Add stuffing to the veggie/chicken mixture, and then add salt and pepper to taste.
7. Put pie crust in the pie pan then fill w/ veggie mixture, add additional pie crust to top and cut slits for air.
8. Bake for 35 minutes or until crust is golden brown.
Nutrition Information:PER SERVING: 429 calories, 10g fat, 626mg sodium, 24g carbs, 17g protein