Makes 4-6 Servings
2 lbs - Flank Steak
1 - Tangerine
5 - Scallions, sliced (use one for garnish)
1/3 cup - Soy sauce
2 Tbsp - Sesame oil
2 tsp - Sugar
2 Tbsp - Chopped peeled ginger
3 cloves garlic, minced
Pinch of red pepper flakes
2 Tbsp - Orange juice
1. Use a fork to pierce the steak several times all over the steak.
2. Remove about a 2-inch strip of zest from the tangerine, then halve the fruit and squeeze the juice into a Ziploc plastic bag.
3. In addition to the juice add the following into your Ziploc bag: zest, scallions, soy sauce, sesame oil, ginger, sugar, pepper flakes, and garlic. Mix well!
4. Add your meat to the marinade, making sure to coat the meat. Refrigerate overnight, make sure to flip the bag in the morning.
5. Preheat your BBQ to medium heat. Place your steak onto your BBQ for 10 minutes or until your thermometer says 130 degrees (medium-rare).
6. While your steak in cooking place your marinade into a sauce pan over medium-high heat then stir in the orange juice to make a yummy sauce!
7. Once your meat is done slice it against the grain and top with scallions. Serve with the sauce.