September 15, 2010
Makes 4 servings.
1 cup - Arborio rice
2 Tbsp - Extra virgin olive oil
2 Tbsp - Butter
1/2 cup - Walla walla onion (chopped)
3 cups - Chicken broth
1 cup - Parmesan cheese
3 slices - Bacon (cooked and chopped up)
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Saute onion in oil and butter for around 3 minutes.
2. Add rice, stir additional 2 minutes.
3. Stir in 1 cup of broth. Continue cooking and stir until liquid is absorbed.
4. Gradually stir in the remaining broth 1 cup at a time, until the liquid is absorbed before adding the final cup.
5. Add the butter, cheese, and bacon, stir until melted.
6. Add salt and pepper, the serve.
Labels: Side Dish