September 28, 2010
Spicy Chicken Chow Mein
Makes 4 Servings
1/2lb - Boneless skinless chicken
12oz - Egg noodles
4 Tbsp - Soy sauce
1 Tbsp - Chinese rice wine
1 Tbsp - Dark sesame oil
2 Tbsp - Vegetable oil
2 garlic cloves, minced
Fresh green beans, two handfuls
1 bag - Beansprouts
3 oz - Ham, finely chopped
4 - Green onions, finely chopped
1 tsp - Sriracha hot chili sauce (use more to kick up the spice)
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Cook the noodles in a pot of boiling water until tender. Drain and rinse under cold water.
2. Shred chicken into fine slices then place in a bowl with the soy sauce (use only 2 Tbsp), rice wine, hot chili sauce, and sesame oil.
3. Add the vegetable oil into a wok and heat over high heat. Once it starts smoking add the chicken, cook until done.
4. Once chicken is cooked add ham, green onion, garlic, green beans, and sprouts. Cover with lid and cook for 5 minutes or until green beans are tender.
5. Add a squirt more of the hot chili sauce, salt and pepper to taste, and the rest of the soy sauce. Add the noodles into the mixture to warm then serve.