Makes 6 Servings
1 - Whole Chicken (3 - 4 pounds)
1/4 Cup - Light Olive Oil
1 tsp - Dried Thyme Leaves
1 tsp - Dried Marjoram Leaves
1/4 tsp - Freshly Ground Pepper
1/2 tsp - Salt
6 - Carrots, cut into 1-inch pieces
1/2 pound - Green Beans
3 - Large Baking Potatoes, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
2 - Sweet Onions, cut into wedges
Preheat oven to 375 degrees
1. In a small bowl add olive oil, thyme, marjoram, pepper, and salt. Set to the side.
2. In a roasting pan, place the chicken breast side up. Make sure the wings of the chicken are folded so that the tips are touching. Tie the legs to the tail with string, if the tail is missing tie the legs together.
3. Brush the chicken with a small amount of the oil mixture. Insert an ovenproof meat thermometer inside the thigh, but make sure it isn't touching a bone. Roast chicken uncovered for 45 minutes.
4. While the chicken is roasting clean the vegetables and cut into the required size stated above. Remove the chicken from the oven and arrange the potatoes, green beans, carrots, and onion around the chicken. Brush the chicken and vegetables with the olive oil mixture.
5. Cover the chicken and vegetables with foil and roast for another 45 to 60 minutes or until the thermometer reads 180 degrees and the vegetables are tender.
6. Remove vegetables and cover to keep warm while you carve the chicken.