This is not your traditional beef stew, but it sure is amazing! I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.
Makes 4-5 Servings
1 Tbsp - Light Olive Oil
1 - Shallot, chopped
1 cup - Green onion, chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
2 - Tomatoes (small), chopped
1/4 cup - Cilantro, minced
1-1.5 lb - Beef stew meat, cut into small chunks
1 cup - Light beer (ale)
1 cup - Water
1/2 tsp - Cumin
1/4 tsp - Salt
Fresh ground pepper
2 - Bay leaf
10 oz baby red potatoes, halved or quartered
1. In a dutch oven, heat the olive oil over medium heat for a few minutes. Then add the shallots, green onion, and garlic; sauté for 3 minutes.
2. Next add the tomatoes, cilantro, and salt. Cook for another 3 minutes.
3. Add your beef to the pot then the water, cumin, ground pepper, bay leafs, and beer. Bring to a boil.
4. Cover and let it simmer on low heat for 1 hour 30 minutes.
5. Add the potatoes, recover, and cook for another 20 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
Optional: Serve over a cup of rice.