1 pound - Gluten free Rotini
1/2 cup - Trader Joe's Basil Pesto
2 - Garlic Cloves
3 cups - Baby Spinach
3/4 cup - Organic Chicken Stock
Handful of fresh basil, chopped
Salt & freshly ground black pepper
1/2 cup - Grated Parmesan cheese, optional garnish
1/4 cup - Toasted pine nuts, optional garnish
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook the pasta according to the directions.
- Drain the pasta and then return to the hot pot.
- In a large skillet, heat the basil pesto and garlic cloves. Add about ¾ cup chicken stock over medium heat.
- Add the spinach and cook until the spinach is wilted and the sauce is hot. Add sauce to the pasta and toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper if needed.
- Serve pasta with chopped basil sprinkled on top along with parmesan cheese (optional).