Makes 6 Popovers
1 cup - Gluten free all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp - Xanthan Gum
1/2 tsp - Salt
1/4 tsp - Freshly ground pepper
2 Tbsp - Butter, melted
2 - Large Eggs
1 cup - 1% Milk
1 tsp - Thyme, dried
1 - Garlic clove, minced
Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Grease a 6 cup popover pan with olive oil spray.
- In a large bowl add flour, xanthan gum, salt, thyme, and pepper. Whisk in 1 Tbsp melted butter, eggs, and milk. Whisking well until the batter is smooth.
- Fill the popover pan cups halfway full. Place the pan in the center of the oven and bake for 15 minutes. Then use a sharp knife and pierce the top of each popover to allow the steam to escape. Then cook an additional 10 minutes.
- In a small bowl add the remaining 1 Tbsp butter and minced garlic. Put in microwave on high for 30 seconds. Stir then sit aside.
- Take out popovers from the pan and add butter garlic mixture on top of each popover. Then enjoy!