Makes 8 Servings (2 slices per serving)
2 lbs – Pork Tenderloin
3 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 of a small lemon juiced
1 Tbsp – Dijon mustard
1 ½ tsp – Light tasting olive oil
Pinch of salt
Freshly ground black pepper
8 slices – Reduced fat mozzarella cheese
2 cups – Fresh baby spinach
6 slices peppercorn bacon, cooked and crumbled
4 leaves of fresh basil, thinly sliced
Preheat oven to 425 degrees
1. In a small bowl combine the minced garlic, Dijon mustard, lemon juice, and 1 tsp olive oil; mix well.
2. Cut a lengthwise slit down the center of the tenderloin to within 1/2- inch of bottom. Open tenderloin so it lies flat. On each half, make another, lengthwise slit down the center to within 1/2-inch of bottom; cover with plastic wrap. Flatten to 1/4-in. thickness with a mallet.
3. Remove plastic wrap and spread the Dijon mixture on the inside of the pork.
4. Add a layer of the mozzarella, bacon, and top with spinach.
5. Slowly roll the pork loin starting with the long side, make sure the stuffing doesn’t fall out. Tie the pork at 2 inch intervals with kitchen string.
6. Seasoning with the remaining olive oil and salt and pepper. Place on a rack in a baking pan.
7. Bake uncovered for 30 minutes or until 160 degrees. Let stand 10 minutes before removing string and slicing.