Makes 10 Servings
Bob’s Red Mill Cornbread mix (gluten free), cubed and dried
1/3 cup - Oil or butter
2 – Eggs
1 tsp – olive oil
1 Tbsp - Fresh Sage
1/2 tsp - Dry sage
¼ tsp - Fresh rosemary
½ tsp - Fresh Thyme
½ tsp - Dried Parsley
¼ tsp - Garlic Powder
1 ½ cups - Unsalted chicken stock
.5 lb -Sweet ground sausage
1 – Sweet Onion
½ cup - Celery
Salt and pepper
Preheat to 350 degrees
1. Cook the cornbread mix as instructed on the instructions. Let cool, then cube and dry. Leave out overnight or if you don’t have time, add to oven at 325 degree until dried out (45 to 60 minutes).
2. Over medium heat cook ground sausage until brown. Drain fat then set aside to cool.
3. Wipe out the access fat from the pan then add olive oil, onion, and celery until soft, about 10 minutes.
4. Next add sage, rosemary, thyme, parsley, garlic, and salt and pepper. Cook another couple minutes then add to a large bowl.
5. Add the sausage to the large bowl and the dried cornbread. Add chicken stock then mix using your hands making sure the stuffing isn’t too dry. You may need to add more chicken stock.
6. Put stuffing into a baking dish and bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour, or until the top is browned and crispy.