Makes 12 Servings
Ingredients:½ of a white or yellow onion (small)
1 - Green Pepper, diced
5 oz. - Sausage, ground, cooked and drained
3 - Whole eggs
1 1/3 cup - Egg whites
1/4 cup - Sharp cheddar cheese
Directions:Preheat oven to 350°.
1. Cook sausage until no longer pink, drain. Set aside.
2. Sauté onion and green pepper for 2-3 minutes. You want them to still have a crunch. Add to sausage bowl.
3. Spray cupcake tin with cooking spray and spoon sausage mixture evenly into 10 tins.
4. In a medium bowl, beat egg whites, eggs, grated cheese, salt and pepper. Pour into the greased tins over sausage mixture until a little more than 3/4 full. Optional: Top with grated cheddar.
5. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes.
6. Let cool on a wire rack or eat immediately.
Servings: Makes 12 cupcakes Calories: 100 • Fat: 6 g • Carbs: 2 g • Sodium: 199 mg • Protein: 9 g
Tips & Notes Make Ahead Tip: Individually wrap in plastic and refrigerate for up to 3 days or freeze for up to 1 month. To reheat, remove plastic, wrap in a paper towel and microwave on High for 30 to 60 seconds.