Makes 4 Servings
1 cup - Quinoa (KEEN-wah)
1 cup - Chicken Broth low sodium
1 cup - Water
Salt and Pepper to taste
1 - Small white onion, chopped
4 - Garlic cloves, minced
12 - Asparagus stocks, cut into 1 inch
4 tsp - Gluten free low sodium soy sauce
2 tsp - Fish sauce (optional)
1 tsp - Sesame Chili Oil
2 tsp - Light Extra Virgin Olive oil
3 egg whites, scrambled
1 whole egg, scrambled
4 oz - Raw white shrimp, peeled and deveined
*1 cup quinoa equals 4 cups cooked
- Wash the quinoa and then add to a medium pot. Add broth and water, salt and pepper then bring to a boil.
- Cover and turn to low heat. Cook for 15 minutes or until all liquid has absorbed.
- While quinoa is cooking, heat up a nonstick wok to medium heat. Add 1 tsp oil and then add egg white and egg; cook 2-3 minutes or until done. Set aside.
- Add the remaining oil to the wok and then add chili oil, onion, asparagus, and mushroom. Saute for about 10 minutes or until asparagus is cooked.
- Add shrimp to wok and cook for 5 minutes or until shrimp is pink. Add garlic and cook for 3 minute, making sure not to burn the garlic. Then add the quinoa.
- Next add the soy sauce and fish sauce (optional), stir until all ingredients are mixed together.
- Finally add the scrambled eggs and taste. Add salt if needed.